Saturday 26 March 2016

Mad About You

There's a place on Sydney road that sits quietly as busy punters drive past, you could miss it in a blink of an eye, but you would be truly mad not to stop in.

Maddox Cafe located almost adjacent to the Aldi or the Retreat, with its large glass window grasping the morning sunshine. Quaint and relaxing this small cafe is truly going to deliver some perfect coffees and delicious meals on your visit.

Take for instance my pancakes. Smothered in a delicate chocolate sauce with a good serve of raspberry finished with macadamia, micro herbs and freeze dried berries. A dish for a Queen as it looks so perfect on the plate.

Pancakes that are soft and almost the hight of a crumpet. Looking dense but is disguised well as they are pillow like.

Although I am one to share, on this occasion it was very difficult for me to part with such a deliciously naughty breakfast.

I was on holiday's so I was not to care, in actual fact I'm pretty sure if I wasn't on holiday I still wouldn't want to separate myself from these.

In the likes of others "nom nom nom".

A Big breakfast I shall call it and I apologise to Maddox for forgetting the dishes name. Served with perfect poached eggs, hallumi, bacon and fresh avo this dish was everything you could ask for.

A rich relish covered the blistered tomatoes and fresh spinach and potatoes. Full natural flavours made for enormous enjoyment.

Coffee here is pleasant and offering an arrangement of milks, of which with my new lactose free life, loved that there was soy and lactose free on offer.

The blend was smooth and medium blend, and best of all consistent.

Although a small dining area you can choose to sit at an individual table, but if you really want to embrace that morning sunshine, grab the communal table or sit on the street with the sound of the bustling Sydney road.

Staff were lovely and polite and I look forward to visiting again.




Maddox Cafe
295 Sydney Rd,
Brunswick
9041 5650
Maddox Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment